Our annual Buxton Shorts, is back! Once again we are partnering with our friends at Buxton Opera House and Buxton Cinema. for this year’s Short Film Exhibition. As with last year’s very successful event we are focussing on a local connection so we’re restricting entries to film makers residing near or having a direct connection with the Peak District.
Selected films will be screened during the Buxton Festival Fringe in July 2024. Laurels will be awarded to winning, commended and selected entries. The judging panel will be announced in due course and cash prizes will be awarded to winning entries.
Register your intention to submit by 30/4/24 by completing the form below. Films with completed entry forms and payment must be submitted by 31/5/24.
- You may submit a maximum of two titles with separate payment and submission forms for each.
- Films submitted must be no older than 3 years.
- Entrants should have a connection with the Peak District. This may mean that you live in the area, have relatives here, visit here regularly, or have historical connections with the area.
- The entry fee for each film submitted is £10 and is payable at the time of submitting the film(s).
- Films must have a maximum run time of 12.5 minutes although shorter films are recommended.
- Films must be submitted in Mp4 format of at least 1080p quality. Selected films will be converted to DCP format for projection on a full cinema screen. You can send film files by download or deliver via usb (details in submission form). Feel free to contact us about this if you are having issues.
- All submitted films must be completed works and include end credits.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form – see link below.
- Judging will be based on all aspects of production value such as originality, editing, soundtrack, script etc.
- Winning entries will receive cash prizes.
- Selected entries will be notified and screened in the Pavilion Arts Centre cinema during the Buxton Festival and Buxton Festival Fringe in July 2024. Requests for complimentary tickets will be limited to 3 for each film screened.
- If you are interested and plan on taking part, we ask that you register an intention to submit by completing the appropriate form. This registration will be taken as consent for us to contact you with further information in due course. Your details will not be used for any other purpose.
When you are ready to submit your film please complete the full entry form
If you are keen to be involved but haven’t got the equipment then we may be able to help. An old friend of Buxton Film, Colin is an experienced teacher and is happy to provide advice and equipment for free – see details here.